Welcome to ACA! Please sign in! If you're new, and loving it, then why not register?! We hope you enjoy your time here!
Welcome to ACA! Please sign in! If you're new, and loving it, then why not register?! We hope you enjoy your time here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
About Us...
]High school is about rainbows and butterflies. No. Well, at least not at Atlantic Coast Academy. Here it's lying about who you are, drama to the extreme, real stories, real life. Prom, Homecoming, Dances, The Games, Peprallies, scandals, haters, betrayel, bitches, jocks, nerds, teachers, outcasts, geniuses, musicians, you'll find it all, especially if you don't want to find it... High School isn't the easiest place, but you have to start somewhere... Come start here at Atlantic Coast Academy.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Brother_and_Sister_Pregnancy_Y_rar
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 am

» Brother_and_Sister_Pregnancy_Y_rar
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 am

» Start Something That Matters (Audiobook)
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 am

» Ashampoo Snap V4.1.0 Portable
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby  Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 pm

» Rules Of The Forum (Must Read)
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby Alexa! Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:46 pm

» Making Character
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby Rebecca fox Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:35 pm

» Cheerleading Try-outs!
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby Rebecca fox Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm

» Astrid Callaway
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby Alexa! Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:51 pm

» English and Math Sign Up!
Poetry Slam For English. Emptyby Astrid Callaway Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Chatbox
Top posters
Alexa!
Poetry Slam For English. Vote_lcapPoetry Slam For English. I_voting_barPoetry Slam For English. Vote_rcap 
Miranda Gonzalez
Poetry Slam For English. Vote_lcapPoetry Slam For English. I_voting_barPoetry Slam For English. Vote_rcap 
Camryn Stevens
Celestia Nighthawk
Kaine Drago
Caleb Starch
Taylor Brandston
Harmony Richter
Avelana
Toni Galati
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Study time
Watching the sunset.
LALALALALA, OOH, A BONFIYA.
Dorm Room List!
Boys and there music
Bitter Sweet Morning
Poetry Slam For English.
Safe and Sound
Hungy, hungry, hungry!
Meeting somone new
Most Viewed Topics
BOARDING SCHOOL.
Study time
Watching the sunset.
Rules Of The Forum (Must Read)
LALALALALA, OOH, A BONFIYA.
Dorm Room List!
A Smoke Beneath the Bleachers ((Jason and Harmony- PM to Join))
Face Claims
Bitter Sweet Morning
Safe and Sound
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:20 am
Affiliates
free forum

Poetry Slam For English.

Go down 
+2
Camryn Stevens
Chelsea Kingston
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

Awesomeness : 0

Poetry Slam For English. Empty
PostSubject: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I walked into my class to see all of my students from all my periods with papers in their hand. "Okay class I am aware you are feeling a bit crowded in here but trust me its going to be worth it. Now I am excited to here all of your poems. I am not going to call names just wait for volunteers but you ALL have to go." And at the end I will hand out your critiques with your grades while you hand me your poems. And I will announce the winner tomorrow." I sat down on a desk. "Alrite who has the floor first?"

OOC: I will announce the winner on my next assignment post.
Back to top Go down
Camryn Stevens

Camryn Stevens

PostSubject: Boardwalk With Me.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 am

"I'll go." I said raising my hand the quicker I get this over with the better. I got to the front of the class with my poem in hand. I was about to start when I noticed that Camryn was here. She looked more beautiful then when we last saw each other. She had on some brown shorts with one of those half tops they used to wear in the 80s and some sandals with her hair straightened. Now I waas more nervous then ever. pale "My poem is called Boardwalk With Me."

Boardwalk with me on an unintentional path to true love
Feel the summer breeze on your skin, gaze upon the evening sunset
Let your senses take over as you walk the wooden trail
Look at her
Face so beautiful
Skin so perfect
She is but the most enchanting creature ever encountered, as of a unicorn among horses
I long to know her wants, needs, desires, fears
I want to be her everything amongst nothing, her light in the dark
I want to see her in white walking arm and arm with her father giving her to me
I want her and me to share DNA within the same child making us one
Boardwalk with me as I envision her kiss feeling like soft rose petals landing on fresh fallen snow
Her touch sending tantric chills that make me shiver all over
I want her and I to be us forever
I want more of her then any woman I have known in my life, an yet...
I don't know her name
Boardwalk with me as we start a journey to the path of her

I looked up and everyone clapped. "Very good Mr. Simmons. Changing the stereotypes of jocks I see." Ms. Kingston said writing on her papers. I handed her my poem and as I headed back to my seat I felt my phone vibrate. I snuck a peek to see a message from Camryn that read: That was beautiful Elijah Smile. I sent back: it was about you.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:38 am

I took the paper and began writing my grade on it. "Ok who's next?"
Back to top Go down
Jason Merlotte

Jason Merlotte

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Jason hated poetry. He hated writing it, reading it, and analyzing it. It was too soft and cushy of a subject, and it bored him to no end.
So when the teacher said that he had to write a poem about love at first sight at read it at a poetry reading, he almost wanted to drop the class. He had never experienced love at first sight, and wasn't exactly sure he even believed in it. The only girl he ever dated was a fellow Freshman at his old high school, and even then, he never loved her.
A guy read his poem in front of the class, and Jason wanted to vomit. Even he couldn't churn up the amount of bullshit in that poem.
"Who's next?" The teacher asked, and Jason cringed. He didn't want to read his, but he knew if he did, it would be over with.
"I'll go." He said, standing up. He pulled the piece of folded up paper out of his pocket and stood in front of the class.
"I do not believe in love at first sight.
It's a thing for daydreamers and fools
Love takes time and effort to get right
It's not something you can learn in schools.
My cynical view is easily brushed off
by people who want to believe.
They'd rather be sensitive and soft,
than find love as something to achieve."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm

My newest student went up and read his and it caught my attention. "Good Jason. You notice students he did what he was told in a none traditional way. He stuck to the assignment and to himself. Well done Jason. You can bring me your poem now please." He did so and I thanked him before he sat down. I began grading it and said, "Next volunteer."
Back to top Go down
Camryn Stevens

Camryn Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Mrs. Kingston asked who was going next and I raised my hand. "Oo oo me!" I walked up there and looked at all the people. I smiled widely and said, "I'm Camryn Stevens and my poem is called I Felt It."

I felt it,
my mom told me I would know,
she said its like no feeling you ever felt,
a small tingle in my throat came,
a pause before my words,
I can't speak,
I was a victim of cupid's arrow,
my heart skipped a beat,
my body fell numb,
and all this happened,
when we first met eyes.

Everyone clapped and I cheerfully gave my poem to Mrs. Kingston.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:10 pm

"Very good Camryn. Bring me your paper," she did so and returned to her seat. Cheerful one that's for sure. "Ok looks like we have one more student. Go ahead I know everyone is ready to go home." I said knowing I was ready to go home. I had a lot of thinking and grading to do for next class.
Back to top Go down
Harmony Richter

Harmony Richter

Location : If you can't find me, check the auditorium. I'll probably be there.

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Harmony was last, and after the "bundle of joy" that Jason Merlotte's poem was, Harmony was in less than a stellar mood.
She grabbed her notebook and stood up in front of the class; as the only freshman, her poem would be short, and somewhat lame.
"Unfamiliar;
the first day of my new life
a star will be born."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:20 pm

"Umm ok Harmony that was...good. Neutral Alright everyone that was very good and now you may go. Here are your grades." I said standing up and handing them there critiques as they left. "You have any questions just let me know. Have a good day you guys."

OOC: Grades will be PMd and you can reply to it with questions.
Back to top Go down
Alexa!
Admin
Alexa!

Awesomeness : 11

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Alexa closed her eyes. She did NOT want to go for the poetry slam. Luckily, the other students had gone and she had dismissed everyone. Alexa was typically forgotten, she was used to it. She picked her bag up and ran over to Ms. Kingston. "Um, hi. I think you kind of forgot me. Is it okay if I go right now?" She asked, thankful no one could judge her for her ugliness of speaking.
Back to top Go down
https://atlanticcoastacademy.forumotion.com
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Another student approached her asking to go now. "Oh my Alexa I didn't even see you there. Of course you can go now but why didn't you say anything before?" Alexa was one of my quiet students. She was very shy and timid. I wanted to break her out of her shell. I sat down in a desk and awaited for her to speak.
Back to top Go down
Alexa!
Admin
Alexa!

Awesomeness : 11

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Alexa sighed, "Well, I was...I got scared. I hate speaking in front of people." She told the teacher.

Alexa seat her bag on the ground and pulled out the poem. She's as bad at memorizing as she is at talking in public. "This one's called: Don't Waste Life."

Here I am, walking through time
taking these steps, through this life of mine
Where am I now, and where will I go
Is it all an illusion? - I really don’t know.

Days seem to pass, before long it’s years
While I’ve been contemplating life's hopes and Life's fears.
Watching and waiting, just looking on
before I knew it, my whole life had gone

I awoke from Life's dream, and now here I stand
Looking back at my life with God at my hand
I learned about life and the meaning of love
amidst tears of pain, but was that enough?

In life we can live out our dreams if we want to - its true
the one who decides, takes chances, makes choices
IS YOU

So before you let your life pass you by
think of these words, Live your dream - don’t be shy
All you need, you have within
So live your dream now, let YOUR life begin

Her eyes were closed the whole time. She opened one eye and smiled. "Oh...done."
Back to top Go down
https://atlanticcoastacademy.forumotion.com
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 am

I had my head leaning on my fist as I let Alexa's poem take me on a ride through her thoughts. When she finished I gave her a soft smile. "That was beautiful Alexa. I'm sure your classmates would have loved to hear it. You shouldn't be so shy," I said approaching her. "You have a talent that you should share with the world." I reached my hand out to receive her poem and the other giving her her grade,"You can go now honey." I watched her leave and I sat at my desk. I sighed. As I looked through papers. This was going to be an interesting year.
Back to top Go down
Toni Galati

Toni Galati

Awesomeness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 am

I ran into the classroom to see everyone was gone. "Crap I'm too late." I turned around to see Mrs. Kingston sitting at her desk. I walked over holding my poem,"Hey my bad but I got caught up in some sh-...I mean stuff. I have my poem an everything already."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:12 am

"You actually are late, very late might I say. But I will accept your poem anyway but I am taking 20 points off. Go ahead." I sat and listened. This is not going to be a habit.
Back to top Go down
Toni Galati

Toni Galati

Awesomeness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 am

"What 20 points! Ugh fine." I walked in front of the desk and began reading.

Everyone thinks that you should find world peace
I disagree
I think that everyone should find their own peace within themselves
You can't make everyone happy so why try
Some say its being selfish
But if everyone focused on themselves and what made them happy
There would be no one fighting
They would be to at peace to care about someone else and what they are doing
So my advice is to live everyday trying to find what brings you everlasting peace
And then keep that peace as you go on living
Let your peace carry you through the days and then take the time to enjoy the little things
You would be surprise what makes you smile by spending an entire day in a park

I handed her my paper and she gave me my critique. I put it in my backpack without looking I knew it was a bad grade so why bother. "Bye." I said as I rushed out of there. I had to get to the gym to see what I could get into there.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Kingston

Chelsea Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:02 am

She ran out so fast I couldn't even say anything to her. I grabbed my things and left out. I have my work cut out for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poetry Slam For English.   Poetry Slam For English. Empty

Back to top Go down

Poetry Slam For English.
Page 1 of 1